Water Resource Professionals
Kamloops, BC | Nanaimo, BC | Vancouver, BC
Consider a career with NHC!
- Hydrotechnical Engineer
- Coastal Engineer
- Field Technician
At NHC, we’re focused on innovative and effective solutions for coastal and inland water environments.
Our staff are passionate about addressing flood threats to communities, solving water supply and management challenges in the built and natural environment, and protecting and restoring freshwater and coastal ecosystems.
And we’re always on the lookout for professionals who have a passion for and experience in water resources!
BC, Canada: North Vancouver, Nanaimo, and Kamloops
Areas of Knowledge
Open water hydraulics; river engineering; open coast; inlet; estuarine environments; sediment transport; geomorphology; hydrology; hydrometrics; surveying; flood risk; and construction inspections.
- Master’s degree or higher in engineering or geosciences with a focus on water resources or equivalent experience.
- Technical graduate in surveying, civil technologist, or similar (for field positions).
- Registered or eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC (for professional positions).
- 2 to 4 years of work experience with a focus on water or oceans (preferably in consulting)
- Demonstrated experience completing complex technical assignments in a team environment.
- Strong technical writing skills with demonstrated ability to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- High technical standards and a commitment to delivering high quality work products.
- The ability to define problems, prioritize tasks, and meet agreed upon timelines.
- Demonstrated project management, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to swim and comfortable working in and around water.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including hydrologic modelling (required: Raven, HEC-HMS, with the following an asset: SWMM, HSPF, DHSVM.), coding (required: R; asset: Python, and other languages), statistical analysis, GIS, and office productivity software.
- Proven ability to conduct independent analysis, develop visualizations, and interpret complex physical processes by analyzing geospatial time series data.
- Comfortable working in remote locations and inclement weather conditions (demonstrated through professional experience or recreational pursuits).
- The ability to conduct statistical analysis utilizing large data sets.
Why Join NHC?
- A culture of collaboration where employees can work with like-minded individuals in an independent and specialized firm dealing with challenging and satisfying real-world projects.
- Depth of water resource specialists to work alongside and grow your career.
- Competitive and fair base pay, with comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for annual merit-based bonuses.
- Parental leave top-up for birthing and non-birthing parents.
- Flexible hybrid work environment and work schedule.
- A focus on supporting your health and well-being through an employer-paid flex health spending & RRSP account.
- Learning opportunities to help support your career development through lunch-and-learns, mentorship programs, and a continuing education plan.
We celebrate and welcome a diverse community and we’re committed to fostering your ongoing professional development and well-being.
Working with NHC will provide you with opportunities to collaborate with people who are as passionate about water as you are, while supporting technically challenging and truly satisfying real-world projects.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply