Kamloops, BC | Vancouver, BC
Northwest Hydraulic Consultants Ltd. (NHC) has an opportunity for an intermediate-level Hydrologist to be based in our North Vancouver or Kamloops office. Knowledge and experience in hydrology and coding is required; and knowledge or experience in fluvial geomorphology, stormwater, and flood hazard/risk will be an asset.
Collaborating within a team of specialized engineers, geomorphologists, technicians, and GIS Specialists, you will have opportunities to apply your expertise and technical knowledge in projects relating to forested and urban hydrology, watershed modeling, rainwater management, and/or regulatory criteria development for aquatic resource protection, flood hazard planning, flood mitigation planning for both riverine and urban systems, climate change impacts evaluation, and adaptation planning.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in Engineering or the Geosciences with a focus on water resources or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including hydrologic modelling (required: Raven, HEC-HMS, with the following an asset: SWMM, HSPF, DHSVM.), coding (required: R; asset: Python, and other languages), statistical analysis, GIS, and office productivity software.
- Demonstrated experience completing complex technical assignments in a team environment.
- Strong technical writing skills with demonstrated ability to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- A license to practice engineering (P. Eng.), geoscience (P.Geo.), or other relevant professional designation in BC, or eligibility to obtain one.
- Field work experience is an asset.
NHC offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses. NHC’s success as an independent firm depends on creative and productive employees. We celebrate and welcome a diverse community of employees and foster their professional development and well-being. Working with NHC is an opportunity to collaborate with people who are as passionate about water as you are, on technically challenging and satisfying real-world projects.
If you have the necessary qualifications and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence via the application link on this page.
Closing Date: January 10, 2022
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. You must be legally eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this position.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply