Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an independent, employee-owned engineering and geoscience firm committed to designing location-specific solutions to water resource challenges around the world. As the effects of climate change advance, understanding water and its many functions in both natural and built environments has never been more urgent.
We have an opportunity for an intermediate level hydrologist based in our North Vancouver office. Knowledge and experience in hydrology, statistics, and coding is required; and knowledge or experience in climate science, hydraulics, geomorphology, hydrogeology, stormwater, and flood hazard/risk will be an asset.
Collaborating within a team of specialized engineers, geomorphologists, technicians, and GIS specialists, you will have opportunities to apply your expertise and technical knowledge in projects relating to forest and urban hydrology, watershed modelling, climate change impacts analysis, rainwater management, and/or regulatory criteria development for aquatic resource protection, flood hazard assessment, flood mitigation, and adaptation planning.
Required skills and experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in engineering or the geosciences with a focus on hydrology or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate to advanced statistical and coding skills in hydrology, with hydrologic modelling and GIS an asset.
- Demonstrated experience completing complex technical assignments in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills: technical writing with a demonstrated ability to prepare written reports and presentations with effective communication.
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- A license to practice engineering (PEng), geoscience (PGeo), or other relevant professional designation in BC, or eligibility to obtain one.
- 4+ years (preferred) work experience in water resources engineering or an equivalent field.
- Field work experience is an asset.
NHC offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses. NHC’s success as an independent firm depends on creative and productive employees. We celebrate and welcome a diverse community of employees and foster their professional development and well-being. Working with NHC is an opportunity to collaborate with people who are as passionate about water as you are, on technically challenging and satisfying real-world projects.
If you have the necessary qualifications and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence via the application link on this page.
Resume will be reviewed as received. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. You must be legally eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this position.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply