Bellingham, WA | Olympia, WA | Seattle, WA
Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an independent, employee-owned firm of consulting engineers and geoscientists providing specialist services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. We are looking for a fluvial geomorphologist with at least five years of experience to be based out of our Seattle, Olympia, or Bellingham, Washington office.
The successful candidate will work closely with engineers and scientists on geomorphic, hydraulic, sediment transport, and hydrologic analyses as well as watershed-scale planning and river engineering design. You will typically work as part of a project team, with project management and senior review responsibilities, and be involved in 2 to 5 projects at a given time. Work assignments may include field assessment of streams and rivers; data analysis; numerical hydrologic, hydraulic, and sediment transport modeling; and preparation of geoscience maps and reports.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S. in geology, physical geography, civil engineering, or a closely related field.
- At least five years of post-bachelor’s experience in water-resources consulting or a related field.
- Project management experience.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Proficiency in application of GIS and/or Civil 3D software programs to geomorphic and water resources analysis and design.
- Only U.S. citizens or applicants who have, or can readily obtain, a work permit will be considered for employment.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in in fluvial geomorphology, physical geography, geology, civil/water resources engineering, hydrology, or a closely related field.
- Licensed professional geologist or engineer in Washington State, or ability to obtain professional license within one year of NHC employment.
- Experience applying hydraulic and sediment transport computer models. Please list specific models on your resume.
- Experience with field survey and/or hydrometric data collection. Describe experience/training as it relates to water resources.
- Self-motivated with competency solving engineering problems and ability to work both independently and collaboratively on project teams. The individual must be able to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
NHC’s success has always depended on creative and productive employees. We celebrate and welcome a diverse community of employees and foster their professional development and well-being. NHC is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume via the application link. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply