Water Resources Engineer
Bellingham, WA | Olympia, WA | Seattle, WA
NHC is looking for an enthusiastic entry-level engineer to join our team in Washington. The successful candidate will work closely with and under the direction of experienced engineers and scientists on hydrologic, hydraulic, and geomorphic analyses and river engineering design. Our projects involve engineering solutions for both natural and constructed systems. You will typically work as part of a project team and be involved in two to five projects at a given time. Work assignments may include field assessment of streams and rivers, data analysis, numerical hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, in-stream engineering design, and preparation of engineering reports.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and course work in civil/water resources engineering or a closely related field. Relevant classes and/or research should be listed in resume or discussed in cover letter.
- At least one year of post-Bachelor’s experience in a water resources related field.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Experience applying hydrologic and hydraulic computer models. Please list specific models on your resume.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D and/or GIS software programs. Please describe level of experience.
- Only U.S. citizens or applicants who have, or can readily obtain, a work permit will be considered for employment.
- Advanced degree in civil/water resources engineering, fluvial geomorphology, hydrology, or a closely related field.
- Experience with field survey and/or hydrometric data collection. Describe experience/training as it relates to water resources.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve engineering problems and work collaboratively on project teams.
- Experience working on engineering projects that include problem evaluation, alternatives analysis, planning, design, and construction.
NHC’s success has always depended on creative and productive employees. We celebrate and welcome a diverse community of employees and foster their professional development and well-being. NHC is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume via the application link. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply