Water Resources Engineer
Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an independent, employee-owned firm of consulting engineers and geoscientists providing specialist services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. We are seeking a talented engineer with 3 to 5 years of experience for our Seattle, Washington office.
The successful candidate will work closely with and under the direction of Senior Engineers and Principals on hydrologic, hydraulic, and geomorphic analyses as well as watershed-scale planning and river engineering design. Our projects involve engineering solutions for both natural and constructed systems. You will typically work as part of a project team and be involved in 2 to 5 projects at a given time. Work assignments may include numerical hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, data analysis, field assessment of streams and rivers, water resources engineering design, and preparation of engineering reports.
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in civil/water resources/environmental engineering or a closely related field.
- Licensed professional engineer in Washington State or ability to obtain professional license within 3 years.
- Strong technical writing skills with demonstrated ability to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve engineering problems and work collaboratively on project teams.
- Experience working on engineering projects that include problem evaluation, alternatives analysis, planning, design, and construction.
- Proficiency in GIS and/or Civil 3D software programs. Please describe level of experience.
- Only U.S. citizens or applicants who have, or can readily obtain, a work permit will be considered for employment.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in civil/water resources/environmental engineering, hydrology, fluvial geomorphology, or a closely related field.
- Specialized experience or training in urban hydrology or stormwater analysis and planning.
- Experience applying hydrologic and hydraulic computer models. List specific models in the employment application (either in the cover letter or your resume).
- Experience with computer programming, field survey, and/or hydrometric data collection.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer and strives for workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply