Senior Water Resources Engineer
We have a career opportunity for a Senior Water Resources Engineer in our Edmonton, Alberta office. As a Senior Water Resources Engineer at NHC, you will have opportunities to apply your expertise and technical knowledge to solve problems related to rivers (flood hazard and mapping studies, crossing assessment and design, bank stabilization, restoration, geomorphic assessment, sediment transport), watersheds (hydrology, snowmelt, frequency analysis), reservoirs and dams (optimization, design flood determination, dam break and flood wave analysis), stormwater (analysis, design, flood mitigation, low impact development design), hydraulic structures (intakes, outfalls, spillways, hydraulic controls, energy dissipation), municipal hydraulics (sewer drops, sewer geysers, odour assessment), physical modelling (pump station design, mobile bed modelling, recreational hydraulics), computational fluid dynamics (CFD), river ice (ice jam flooding, ice roads, ice platform design, ice processes), eco-hydraulics (fish and fish habitat, stream restoration), and field services (hydrographic surveying, streamflow and climate monitoring).
The successful candidate will have:
- A foundational understanding of engineering hydrology and hydraulics.
- Demonstrated experience completing complex technical assignments in a team environment.
- The ability to define problems, prioritize tasks, and meet agreed upon timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High technical standards and a commitment to delivering high quality work products.
- 12+ years experience and a post-graduate degree in Water Resources Engineering or a related field.
- A license to practice engineering (P.Eng.) in Alberta or be eligible to obtain one.
NHC offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses. NHC’s success has always depended on creative and productive employees. We celebrate and welcome a diverse community of employees and foster their professional development and well-being. If you have the necessary qualifications and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence via the application link on this page.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. You must be legally eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this position.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply