Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of consulting civil engineers, geoscientists, and technologists that provides professional services for the development, management, and protection of water resources.
We are seeking a dynamic project coordinator to provide administrative support to project managers and project teams for a variety of large technical projects. The ideal candidate will enjoy a collaborative team environment, is highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-drive (and fun!) environment. There is opportunity for the successful candidate to develop and expand in this role.
- Provide administrative support to Project Managers (PM) and the project team for designated projects.
- Edit and format final project deliverables.
- Assist with budget tracking, expenses, and invoice preparation.
- Review and prepare documents, reports, and other correspondence materials for the project.
- Track costs and report project cost variances.
- Review emails and calls and respond or redirect as required.
- Take notes at project meetings and follow-up to confirm agreed to action items are complete.
- Assist with report and presentation preparation as required.
- Work with PM to provide service agreements, work orders, and change orders as required.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and health and safety requirements for site visits as required.
- Degree/diploma in business administration, or an acceptable combination of education and progressively responsible experience.
- Minimum 2 years of direct or related work experience, such as in engineering project or administrative support.
- General understanding of accounting and budgeting principles.
- Able to write and format moderately complex correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Meticulous records maintenance skills with the ability to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Strong organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- Professional and positive attitude with strong relationship building skills.
Why Join NHC?
- A culture of collaboration where employees can work with like-minded individuals in an independent and specialized firm dealing with challenging and satisfying real-world projects.
- Competitive and fair base pay and opportunities for annual merit-based bonuses and salary advancements.
- Parental leave top-up for birthing and non-birthing parents.
- A focus on supporting your health and well-being through an employer-paid flex health spending & RRSP account.
- Learning opportunities to help support your career development through lunch-and-learns, mentorship programs, and a continuing education plan.
$57,000 – $67,000 per year (starting salary will depend on the knowledge, skills and experience).
We celebrate and welcome a diverse community and we’re committed to fostering your ongoing professional development and well-being.
Working with NHC will provide you with opportunities to collaborate with people who are as passionate about water as you are, while supporting technically challenging and truly satisfying real-world projects.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: November 20
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply