Junior Water Resources Engineer
Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of consulting civil engineers and geoscientists providing specialist services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. Our Pasadena office has an opening for an entry level engineer with zero to three years of experience. Our focus is on providing services to California clients, but we provide services in other states and collaborate with other NHC offices on projects in the US, Canada, and overseas. The successful candidate will serve as a technical resource for NHC’s hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and water resources design assignments.
- Work closely and under the direction of Senior Engineers and Principals supporting hydraulic and hydrologic analyses.
- Typically work on projects as part of a team and are involved in 2 to 5 projects at a given time.
- Typical assignments include numerical hydraulic and hydrologic modeling, preparation of engineering reports, and field measurements.
- Projects involve water resources engineering for both natural systems and infrastructure.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in civil engineering or related fields.
- Experience or training in hydraulic and hydrologic modeling.
- Strong technical writing background with demonstrated abilities to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve problems with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively on project teams.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience applying hydraulic and hydrologic computer models. List the specific models in the employment application (either in the cover letter or your resume).
- Experience in engineering projects that include problem evaluation, alternatives analysis, planning, design, and construction.
- Proficiency in GIS and CAD software.
- Experience or training in detailed design of pump stations and pipelines.
At the time of posting the pay range for this position is $37/hour to $39/hour. The pay range reflects the lowest to the highest salary that is anticipated for this position at the time of posting. The pay range may be modified in the future and the actual pay for this position may be more or less than the posted range. NHC bases an employee’s pay on many factors including their performance, experience, qualifications, certifications, education, skills, seniority, and geographic location.
Click here to see NHC employee benefits.
NHC’s success has always depended on creative and productive employees. We celebrate and welcome a diverse community of employees and foster their professional development and well-being. NHC is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply