Junior Water Resources Engineer
Our Sacramento, California office has an opening for an entry level engineer with zero to three years of experience. NHC’s Sacramento office focuses on providing services to California clients but also provides services in other states and collaborates with other NHC offices on projects in the US, Canada, and overseas. The successful candidate will serve as a technical resource for NHC’s hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and water resources design assignments.
- Work closely with and under the direction of Senior Engineers and Principals supporting hydraulic, hydrologic, and geomorphic analyses, as well as river engineering, fish passage, and habitat restoration designs.
- Typically work on projects as part of a team and be involved in two to five projects at a given time.
- Typical assignments include numerical hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, water resources engineering design, data analysis, field hydrometric measurements, and preparation of engineering reports.
- Projects involve water resources engineering for both natural systems and infrastructure.
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.S. with two years of experience or M.S. in civil/water resources/environmental engineering or related field.
- Specialized experience or training in watershed science, hydraulic design, hydraulic modelling, construction management, sediment transport, geomorphology, or stream restoration.
- Strong technical writing background with demonstrated ability to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve problems and work both independently and collaboratively on project teams.
- Interest in on-site project work including field surveys, hydrometric measurements, and project construction.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. in civil/water resources/environmental engineering or related field.
- Experience applying hydrologic and hydraulic computer models. List the specific models in the employment application (either in your cover letter or resume).
- Experience in engineering projects that include problem evaluation, alternatives analysis, planning, design, and construction.
- Proficiency in GIS and CAD software programs.
- Experience with computer programming, field survey, or hydrometric measurements.
NHC’s success has always depended on creative and productive employees. We celebrate and welcome a diverse community of employees and foster their professional development and well-being. NHC is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume via the application link. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply