Junior Water Resources Engineer
Pasadena, CA | Sacramento, CA
Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of consulting civil engineers and geoscientists providing specialist services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. Our California branch with offices in Sacramento and Pasadena have openings for an entry level engineer with zero to three years of experience. Our focus is on providing services to California clients but provides services in other states and collaborates with other NHC offices on projects in the US, Canada, and overseas. The successful candidate will serve as a technical resource for NHC’s hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and water resources design assignments.
- Work closely and under the direction of Senior Engineers and Principals supporting hydraulic, hydrologic, geomorphic analyses as well as river engineering, fish passage, and habitat restoration designs.
- Typically work on projects as part of a team and are involved in 2 to 5 projects at a given time.
- Typical assignments include numerical hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, water resources engineering design, data analysis, field hydrometric measurements, and preparation of engineering reports.
- Projects involve water resources engineering for both natural systems and infrastructure.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S. with 2 years experience or M.S. in civil/water resources/environmental engineering or related fields.
- Specialized experience or training in watershed science, hydraulic design, hydraulic modeling, construction management, sediment transport, pump station, surge control design, geomorphology or stream restoration.
- Strong technical writing background with demonstrated abilities to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve problems with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively on project teams.
- Interest in on-site project work including field surveys, hydrometric measurements, and project construction.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. in in civil/water resources/environmental engineering or related fields.
- Experience applying hydrologic and hydraulic computer models. List the specific models in the employment application (either in the cover letter or your resume).
- Experience in engineering projects that include problem evaluation, alternatives analysis, planning, design, and construction.
- Proficiency in GIS and CAD software programs.
- Hydraulic design of concrete channels, spillways, stilling basins or erosion protection.
- Experience or training in detailed pump station, pipeline, and surge control design.
- Experience with computer programming, field survey, or hydrometric measurements.
NHC’s success has always depended on creative and productive employees. We celebrate and welcome a diverse community of employees and foster their professional development and well-being. NHC is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply