Our Pasadena, California office has an opening for an entry level engineer with zero to three years of experience. NHC’s Pasadena office focuses on providing services to Southern California clients, but provides services in other states and collaborates with other NHC offices on projects in the US and Canada.
- Junior Engineers work closely with and under the direction of Senior Engineers and Principals.
- Junior Engineers typically work on projects as part of a team and are involved in 2 to 5 projects at a given time.
- Typical assignments will primarily include numerical hydraulic transient/surge modeling and surge control design and preparation of engineering reports.
- Other hydraulic engineering assignments may include hydraulic modeling of natural systems and infrastructure using HEC-RAS, SWMM, and other hydraulic software.
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.S. degree in civil or mechanical engineering.
- Must demonstrate interest in pump station, pipeline, and surge control design.
- Strong technical writing skills with demonstrated abilities to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve engineering problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively on project teams.
- The individual must be able to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Engineer-in-training certification, or the ability to obtain within two years of NHC employment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in civil or water resources engineering.
- Licensed professional engineer in California, or the ability to obtain license via testing or reciprocity within two years of NHC employment.
- Experience applying hydraulic computer models for steady state and surge/transient analysis. List the specific models in the employment application.
- Experience or training in detailed pump station, pipeline, and surge control design.
- Experience in engineering projects that include problem evaluation, alternatives analysis, planning, design, and construction.
- Hydraulic design of concrete channels, spillways, stilling basins, and erosion protection.
NHC’s success has always depended on creative and productive employees. We celebrate and welcome a diverse community of employees and foster their professional development and well-being. NHC is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply