Our Pasadena, California office has an opening for an entry level engineer with up to three years of experience. NHC’s Pasadena office focuses on providing services to Southern California clients, but provides services in other states and collaborates with other NHC offices on projects in the US, Canada, and overseas. The successful candidate will serve as a technical resource for NHC’s hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and water resources design assignments.
- Junior Engineers work closely with and under the direction of Senior Engineers and Principals supporting hydraulic, hydrologic, and geomorphic analyses as well as river engineering, fish passage, and habitat restoration designs.
- Junior Engineers typically work on projects as part of a team and are involved in 2 to 5 projects at a given time.
- Typical assignments include numerical hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, water resources engineering design, data analysis, field hydrometric measurements, and preparation of engineering reports.
- Projects involve water resources engineering for both natural systems and infrastructure.
Required Skills and Experience:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in civil/water resources/environmental engineering.
- Specialized experience or training in watershed science, hydraulic design, hydraulic modeling, construction management, sediment transport, or stream restoration.
- Strong technical writing background with demonstrated abilities to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve engineering problems and work both independently and collaboratively on project teams.
- Interest in on-site project work including field surveys, hydrometric measurements, and project construction.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience applying hydrologic and hydraulic computer models. List the specific models in the employment application (either in the cover letter or your resume).
- Experience in engineering projects that include problem evaluation, alternatives analysis, planning, design, and construction.
- Proficiency in GIS and CAD software programs.
- Experience with computer programming, field survey, or hydrometric measurements.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer and strives for workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply