Infrastructure Hydraulic Engineer
Our Pasadena, California office has an immediate opening for an engineer in our hydraulics of municipal infrastructure group. This position will work closely with Principals and Senior Engineers on a range of hydraulic engineering tasks with a focus on assignments involving hydraulic transient analysis and surge control design.
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.S. degree in civil/water resources/environmental engineering.
- Licensed professional engineer in California, or the ability to obtain license via testing or reciprocity within two years of NHC employment.
- Experience or training in the field of steady state and/or hydraulic transient modeling of pump stations, flow regulating facilities, pipelines, and water distribution systems.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve engineering problems and work both independently and collaboratively on project teams. The individual must be able to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in projects that include problem evaluation, alternatives analysis, planning, design, and construction.
- Strong technical writing background with demonstrated ability to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience designing surge control.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in civil/water resources engineering.
- Experience or training in detailed design of pump stations and pipelines.
- Hydraulic design experience.
- Proficiency in CAD and GIS software programs.
Please send us a copy of your resume and cover letter.Apply