We are currently seeking candidates with extensive experience in hydrographic surveying to participate in our river and coastal engineering projects based in the firm’s North Vancouver, British Columbia office. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, deliver processed data, and prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines. You demonstrate a commitment to high quality client service and excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary program related to surveying and geomatics or equivalent related training and experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience with collection and processing of GPS, multibeam sonar, sidescan sonar, and ADCP data is required.
- Ability to participate in field work, including boat travel and operation of survey instrumentation.
- Experience operating and towing boats.
- Experience with Hypack/Hysweep acquisition and processing software is an asset.
NHC offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses. NHC’s success as an independent firm depends on creative and productive employees. We celebrate and welcome a diverse community of employees and foster their professional development and well-being. Working with NHC is an opportunity to collaborate with people who are as passionate about water as you are on technically challenging and satisfying real-world projects.
If you have the necessary qualifications and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence via the application link on this page.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. You must be legally eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this position.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply