Hydroclimate Project Manager
We are currently seeking an individual to join our North Vancouver office and help lead the ongoing hydrometric and climate monitoring work that is part of our river engineering, hydrology, and geomorphology projects.
Experience with managing field data collection programs, supervising field staff, direct coordination with clients, and data review and analysis in AQUARIUS is an asset. NHC uses a wide range of monitoring technologies and experience or familiarity with these will be beneficial:
- Dataloggers: Campbell, Sutron, FTS, RomCom, Solinst, and Neon
- Flow Measurement: ADCP, ADV, dilution, ultrasonic, and engineered structures
- Water Level Sensors: Shaft encoders, pressure sensors, ultrasonics, lasers, radar, and bubblers
- Turbidity and Sediment Transport: Analite, FTS, and Sequioa sensors, manual suspended and bedload sampling
- Snow and Climate: Snow scales, snow pillows, air temperature, snow depth sensors
- Precipitation: Standpipes, snow pillows, heated and unheated tipping buckets
- Realtime Ice and Sediment: Cameras, sonar, and hydrophones
- Realtime Time-Series Data Management: AQUARIUS time-series database management, python API coding, windows task management, AQUARIUS WebPortal.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a demonstrated ability to support field staff in succeeding in challenges, and an ability to clearly communicate challenges and opportunities to clients. The candidate will be responsible for managing projects, final review of time-series data and reports, and have excellent report writing and reviewing skills. The candidate will have a strong desire to try new technologies and approaches, and to work with field staff to ensure that innovative solutions are fully field tested to ensure success.
Please send us a copy of your resume and cover letter.Apply