Hydraulic Transient Engineer
Our Pasadena, California office has an immediate opening for a hydraulic transient engineer. The successful candidate for this position will work closely with NHC’s lead for hydraulic transient analysis on a range of water/wastewater projects involving pump stations, pipelines, distribution networks, flow and pressure regulating facilities, and hydropower plants. The primary responsibilities of the position will be to perform hydraulic transient/pressure surge analyses and develop surge control recommendations for the design of hydraulic infrastructure. This will involve collecting data, performing engineering calculations, using specialized software to construct models, evaluating simulation output, sizing/locating surge control measures, and documentation of findings and recommendations in a technical memorandum.
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or related program.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Civil Engineering or related program with a focus on hydraulic transient/pressure surge analysis.
- Experience with hydraulic transient/pressure surge analysis software.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve engineering problems and work both independently and collaboratively on projects.
- The individual must be able to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in projects that include problem evaluation, alternatives analysis, planning, design, and construction.
- Strong technical writing background with demonstrated ability to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Practical experience performing transient/pressure surge analyses.
- Practical experience designing surge control.
- Licensed professional engineer in California, or the ability to obtain license via testing or reciprocity within two years of NHC employment.
NHC’s success has always depended on creative and productive employees. We celebrate and welcome a diverse community of employees and foster their professional development and well-being. NHC is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply