Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an independent, employee-owned firm of consulting engineers and geoscientists providing specialist services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. We are looking for a talented river engineer with 5 to 7 years of experience for our Seattle or Bellingham, Washington office.
The successful candidate will work closely with and under the direction of Senior Engineers and Principals on hydrologic, hydraulic, and geomorphic analyses and river engineering design. Our projects involve engineering solutions for both natural and constructed systems. You will typically work as part of a project team and be involved in 2 to 5 projects at a given time. Work assignments may include numerical hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, field assessment of streams and rivers, river engineering design, and preparation of engineering plans and reports.
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in civil/water resources/environmental engineering or a closely related field.
- Five to seven years of experience in water resources consulting or a related applied engineering field.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D. Please describe level of experience.
- Experience applying hydrologic and hydraulic computer models. Please list specific models on your resume.
- Only U.S. citizens or applicants who have, or can readily obtain, a work permit will be considered for employment.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in civil/water resources/environmental engineering or a closely related field.
- Experience with analysis, design, and implementation of fish-passable water crossings, bank protection, and/or stream restoration projects.
- Licensed professional engineer in Washington State or ability to obtain professional license within 1 year.
- Experience with field work including topographic/bathymetric survey and/or hydrometric data collection. Describe experience/training as it relates to water resources.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve engineering problems and work collaboratively on project teams.
NHC’s success has always depended on creative and productive employees. We celebrate and welcome a diverse community of employees and foster their professional development and well-being. NHC is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume via the application link. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply