We are currently seeking an Environmental Technologist to work in our Nanaimo office on Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Experience with stream flow measurements (ADCP, ADV, and dilution) and/or weather monitoring
- Experience with hydrometric stations (following standard operating procedures, designing and maintaining stations, and troubleshooting electronic circuits)
- High proficiency with data reduction software and MS Excel
- Commitment to high quality client service and excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with an openness and ability to learn new skills on the fly
- Commitment to working in a collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Willingness and ability to work year-round in challenging field conditions in Western Canada including working in small boats on rivers, in swift water conditions, and remote locations.
The following skills and experience will be considered an asset:
- Experience with rope work, water sports, hiking, and/or snow sports
- Experience with Aquarius time series management software
- Experience with ArcGIS or Autodesk Civil 3D software
- Experience with hydrographic, total station, GPS-based surveys (static, RTK, and DGPS).
NHC offers the opportunity to work with top technical experts in an independent and specialized firm on technically challenging and satisfying real-world projects. NHC has a competitive salary structure and comprehensive benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses. Nanaimo and the surrounding communities offer the amenities of a vibrant city with the benefits of diverse recreational activities.
Closing date: 10 July 2020
Please send us a copy of your resume and cover letter.Apply