Our Seattle, Washington office has an opening for an entry-level or intermediate engineering technologist with strong skills in geomatics, surveying, hydrometrics, and computer-aided drafting to participate in our river engineering, hydrology, and geomorphology projects. The position is based in NHC’s Seattle office, but project work will be throughout Washington State and the Pacific Northwest.
- Work closely with a team of engineers and scientists supporting study, analysis, and design for water resource projects in a wide variety of coastal and riverine environments.
- Typically be involved in multiple projects at a given time, with an estimated mix of 70 percent field work and 30 percent in-office.
- Typical assignments include hydrographic and topographic surveying, UAV (drone) surveying and photography, hydrometric station deployment and maintenance, flow gaging (ADCP, ADV, and dilution), surficial sediment sampling, data processing, GIS analysis, and CAD drafting.
- Associate or more advanced degree in Engineering Technology, Geomatics, Water Science, Engineering, Geoscience, Environmental Science, or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work outdoors in inclement weather and difficult terrain.
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphical communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Experience with one or more of the following will be beneficial for the position.
- Field Work
- Total station survey
- GPS-based survey (static, RTK, and DGPS)
- UAV (drone) photography and survey
- LiDAR scanning
- Hydrographic surveying (single and multi-beam)
- Environmental instrumentation (stream gages, water quality samplers, SCADA, weather stations, etc.) or similar industrial automation/sensor systems operation and maintenance
- Open channel flow gaging (current meters, ADCP, ADV, and dilution)
- Basic fabrication/construction skills
- Boat operation and basic maintenance
- Rope work, water sports, hiking, and/or mountaineering
- Office Work/Software
- MS Excel
- CAD (Autodesk Civil 3D)
- GIS (ESRI)
- Point Cloud and digital terrain data management
- UAV survey processing (photogrammetric)
- Hydrologic or environmental database management system
Depending on experience, interest, and job performance, opportunities for in-house training in one or more of the above skills may be available.
NHC’s success has always depended on creative and productive employees. We celebrate and welcome a diverse community of employees and foster their professional development and well-being. NHC is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply