Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of consulting civil engineers, geoscientists, and technologists that provides professional services for the development, management and protection of water resources. We are currently seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to join our team in Nanaimo, BC. The Administrative Assistant’s role is to support the efficient and smooth day-to-day operations of our office.
Administrative Assistant Duties:
- Handle administrative requests and queries from staff
- Welcome clients and staff, and manage the phone system
- Book travel arrangements
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Write and distribute emails, memos, and forms
- Maintain a filing system
- Plan events and meetings, and take detailed minutes
- Ensure office supplies are stocked and the office is tidy and presentable
- Assist staff with expense reports and field safety reports
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience and/or training as an Administrative Assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Aptitude for numbers and basic accounting skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
NHC offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including an annual merit-based bonus. NHC’s success as an independent firm depends on creative and productive employees. We celebrate and welcome a diverse community of employees and foster their professional development and well-being. Working with us is an opportunity to collaborate with people who are passionate about water and dedicated to technical excellence, our clients, and the communities in which we work.
If you have the necessary qualifications and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence via the application link on this page.
Closing Date: November 29, 2021
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. You must be legally eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this position.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply