Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of consulting civil engineers, geoscientists, and technologists that provides professional services for the development, management, and protection of water resources.
Our staff are passionate about addressing flood threats to communities, solving water supply and management challenges in the built and natural environment, and protecting and restoring freshwater and coastal ecosystems.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our dynamic and supportive team in this full-time permanent position. The successful candidate will play a key role supporting a range of people by performing an array of administrative duties, while working in a fast paced, friendly environment where priorities can (and do), literally, change with the weather.
This is a full-time permanent position.
- A range of front-line duties such as welcoming clients, managing the phone system, opening mail daily, photocopying, filing, archiving, data entry, meeting couriers, and maintaining office supplies.
- Coordinating travel arrangements – flights, hotel accommodation, car rentals, etc.
- Coordinating shipping of field equipment/supplies, often to remote areas in B.C., Alberta, and the U.S.
- Providing accounts payable support by checking and processing vendor invoices and statements.
- Assisting with report and proposal editing, formatting, assembly, and distribution.
- Assisting with managing timely submission of expense reports.
- Ensuring reception area, boardroom, meeting rooms, and kitchen are kept presentable and stocks fully replenished.
- Organizing catering for meetings and office social events.
- Maintaining an office presence between the working hours of 8 am to 5 pm.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Diploma/Certificate in office or business administration, or an acceptable combination of related training, education, and experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Clear and professional presence and communication style
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Excel and Word in particular)
- Previous experience in organizing travel arrangements and dealing with couriers/shipping
- Be decisive and a self-starter with the ability to prioritize
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Valid BC Driver’s License will be considered an asset
Why Join NHC?
- A culture of collaboration where employees can work with like-minded individuals in an independent and specialized firm dealing with challenging and satisfying real-world projects.
- Competitive and fair base pay and opportunities for annual merit-based bonuses and salary advancements.
- Parental leave top-up for birthing and non-birthing parents.
- A focus on supporting your health and well-being through an employer-paid flex health spending & RRSP account.
- Learning opportunities to help support your career development through lunch-and-learns, mentorship programs, and a continuing education plan.
$57,000 – $67,000 per year (starting salary will depend on knowledge, skills, and experience).
We celebrate and welcome a diverse community and we’re committed to fostering your ongoing professional development and well-being.
Working with NHC will provide you with opportunities to collaborate with people who are as passionate about water as you are, while supporting technically challenging and truly satisfying real-world projects.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: November 21
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and references.Apply